ONLY IF THEY'RE HAPPY TEARS

 The night calls me by my name,

yet I mistook it for the dark

Burried under the sheets,

Scared, praying for a spark

I rose up with the sun,

Slept before the moon

My eyes dread the nights,

even before the noon

All that I could see,

I chose not to

Shut my eyes tight,

hearing murmurs a few

I heard her crying,

my eyes had to see

Looking upon the night,

I never knew it would be

As I glimpsed through my dark,

I finally had the sight

My senses had betrayed me,

for the night was my spark

Oh, the moon had me blinded

but I can finally see

You are no moon or the moonlight,

you are the night you can be

I see you through my emptiness,

my heart aches and dries

Never have I ever,

been able to hear your cries

Do not ever cry,

as the moonlight wets your face

I see you as the night,

but I also see your fears

You need not be afraid,

for I will let you cry

My ears might be senseless,

but my heart surely hears

For I will let you cry,

only if they're happy tears


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I KEPT MYSELF

YOU ARE