SHADOWS

 There were these shadows that caught my eye

They seemed to be parting, and I wondered why


Soon I attended to them closely

And I was certainly able to see


There was this black lady with her black man

She was approaching him, as far away from her, he ran


For as the hand of a clock

He couldn't help but walk


For beauty is always ahead of time

That's exactly the pattern which she could mime


For there's no other fate of beauty than the beast

Soon I could see the light, upon her darkness, to feast


The clock abruptly lost functionality

The black man could retain his conscious’ centrality


He glanced ahead of time, only to see his night consumed by the light

For the ignition of his life turned into reverse twilight


I could tell that the black man ran no more

His shadow was incomplete, as the emptiness did bore


So long after that, the shadow finally collapsed

There was an unspoken, yet confirmed hope for their return after an elapse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I KEPT MYSELF

ONLY IF THEY'RE HAPPY TEARS

YOU ARE